Ross D. Collingwood RFC, AIF
The journey continues--an invitation to join!
It's been an interesting journey from Farm Management consulting in New Zealand to co-owner of Great Oak Financial Group for Ross Collingwood. Ross brings a wealth of experience and a strong background in education to the role of financial advisor.
A resident of the U.S. since 1972, Ross held a variety of positions in higher education administration and teaching before spending a few years pastoring a church. In 1991, he combined his counseling skills with past management experience to begin building a successful financial services business. In 1995 he teamed with Jim Sawyer in forming Great Oak Financial Group, an independent financial services company.
Ross focuses on providing retirement planning and portfolio management for individuals and families. He also manages retirement plans for several small businesses. Socially responsible investing and college funding are two areas of special interest.
An avid rose grower and gardener, Ross takes great pride in the beauty he is able to create around the home he shares with his wife Allison and occasionally their two grown sons, Dale and Robin. That same attention to detail and devotion to success marks Ross' work in the financial services area.
No matter where you are in your journey--just beginning to save for retirement or for a child's college education, or retiring with a retirement plan rollover, you will find a caring and careful "travel counselor" in Ross.
Mileposts and Credentials from the Journey:
- Registered Financial Consultant
- CFP Professional Education Program Certificate - College For Financial Planning
- Master of Divinity - Northern Baptist Theological Seminary
- BS - Eastern Mennonite University
- Dip Ag, Dip VFM Lincoln University
- Member - Financial Planning Association
- Co-Instructor of "Financial Strategies For Successful Retirement" and "Retirement Plan Distributions" - Chemeketa Community College Training and Economic Development Center
- Member - Board of Education, Overseer Board for Mennonite Colleges and Universities (1991 - 2002)
- Member - National Education Integration Committee, Mennonite Church (1998 - 2002)
- Chair - Salem Social Services Advisory Board
- Member - Salem Chamber of Commerce
- Life Member - National Institute of Appraisers (New Zealand)
- Investment Advisor Representative - Cetera Advisors LLC
- Registered Representative - Cetera Advisors LLC
- 2005 Vern Miller Key Citizen Award Recipient - City of Salem