Scott A. McGillivray, CFS
Scott joined Great Oak Financial Group in 2015. He brings a fresh perspective from his industrial background, along with success in personally managing his own finances and business endeavors. As a Certified Fund Specialist® and licensed Investment Advisor, Scott is committed to adding simplicity and understanding to the investment process.
Scott works diligently to keep up with the changes in tax law, retirement plans, annuities, long term care, and life insurance products. He strives to help his clients know and understand the language of finance, and to provide clarity to their Oregon PERS, 401(k) plans, SEP IRAs, Simple IRAs, Deferred Comp, TSAs, Roth IRAs, Traditional IRAs, and Rollover IRAs plans.
If you are ready to start having your finances work as hard as you do, then swing by the office or give Scott a call to set up an appointment.
Scott lives in Salem with his wife, Amanda, and his five young children. He enjoys being involved and serving with his community at Emanuel Bible Church. He is an avid chess player, and enjoys backpacking, the guitar and playing with his kids.
Scott's civic, community and professional involvement, and credentials include:
- Certified Fund Specialist - CFS
- Investment Adviser Representative - Cetera Advisors LLC
- General Securities Representative - Series 7
- Uniform Combined State Law – Series 66
- Oregon Insurance Licenses – variable annuity lines, life, and health
- 15 years’ experience in steam power production and operations
- Actively participating at Emanuel Bible Church
- Former volunteer with Feed Salem food bank ministry