Building on a Solid Foundation: The Great Oak Story
Great Oak Financial Group and its parent company, Great Oak Advisors, Inc., was founded in 1995 by James Sawyer and Ross Collingwood. The Great Oak name connected well with Salem, one of the nations “tree cities”.
Kimberly Harris, an industry veteran with over 20 years of experience, moved into the role of financial advisor and branch manager in 2015, serving James Sawyer's former clients, and becoming an owner of Great Oak.
In 2022, Ross Collingwood retired, and his friend and partner, Scott McGillivray, took over his practice. Scott joined the Great Oak team back in 2015 and he now partners with Kimberly in the ownership and direction of the firm.
Their vision is to to provide an individualized, client centered approach to financial services. This approach is particularly valuable for those who have sought to understand more about how they can take advantage of time-tested, tax-favored strategies for growth.
Great Oak’s long-time approach continues today – making sound financial planning available to “ordinary folks” who have the desire to learn how and where to save. Over the years a question we have often asked clients and prospective clients is: “Is your money working as hard as you are?”
Today our team of advisors is committed to extending the opportunities that Great Oak Financial Group can provide, thus helping clients plan for and pursue a successful retirement.
Our Associates are committed to helping their clients to potentially...
- Clarify their financial objectives
- Find solutions tailored to their changing goals
- Adopt simple and effective strategies for asset growth
- Attain long-term financial security
At Great Oak Financial Group, clients...
- Are the most important people we meet with
- Are the special VIPs who call on the phone
- Are the reason for our work...not interruptions to it
- Are individuals with names, needs and feelings
- Are the reason we work in financial services